Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Farm Chic

I was looking around Shopbop.com today and found this beautiful shirt below (it should be beautiful, for the +$200 price tag!)  I really love this shirt... its romantic, flowy, and very pretty.  If you search a little, you can find quite a few shirts similar to this style in stores right now, if you can't break the bank to buy this particular Tucker style.
Tucker Smocked Collar Blouse, $264, Shopbop.com


As much as I love the flow of this shirt, I also really like an addition of a  blazer over top of it.  The discord between the light, airiness of the shirt and the structured blazer create a visual interest for the eye.  I really like this wool blazer from J crew.  It has a slim fit and hits the hip at the exact right spot.  You never want a blazer to be too short or too long - use this picture as an example of where a blazer should hit on your body.
Butterscotch Wool Flannel Schoolboy Blazer, $178, Jcrew.com


I think the combo of these two tops would look so perfect paired with a sleek high heeled leather boot.  I really like the curved lines of this boot because it adds another hint of softness to the outfit.. I think a pointed boot would be to strong to pair with the top portion of the outfit.  Add a nice medium-to-dark wash tapered jean for a good fit under the boot.

Boot: Eliza Slouch High Heeled Boot, Sale for $198, Banana Republic
Pants: DL1961 Kate Slim Straight Jeans in Twilight, $158



Who doesn't love a pretty (and cheap!) accessory?  I think this sea green colored floral ring  is the perfect accessory to this outfit, which is a good complement to the floral pattern of the shirt.  A thin, long gold chain would also look really pretty over the shirt - pretty, yet simple enough that it wouldn't take away from the shirt.
Shimmer Flower Ring in Green/Clear, Forever 21, $4.80


The whole ensemble gives me a "farmer meets chic city girl" vibe... and I love it.  Hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment