Friday, December 3, 2010

Rough It Up

British model Poppy Delevigne has incredible clothes. I read a post by Erin from Elements of Style a few months ago highlighting Poppy's ability to look chic in so many different styles and  I fell in love with every single outfit I saw.  Recently, as I was working on updating my clothing database, I found a to-die-for leather jacket from Gap and it reminded me of Poppy's ability to work a leather jacket/floral dress combo - instant inspiration for today's post.
Poppy Inspiration2
 The leather jacket is a splurge item for sure, but it is also an investment piece that can work in a variety of dressed-up and dressed-down outfits, and through years and years of wear (in fact most look better when they're a little broken in). I love the contrast of the tough leather jacket with the sweet, girly floral print in the dress. In theory, it seems so wrong, but in practice the look is so right. Take a lesson from Poppy, the "roughed up" floral look is something you should consider for an upcoming night out!
Poppy Inspiration2

1 comment: