Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wedding Season

I've got a couple of weddings on the agenda for the rest of the summer, so I thought I would share an outfit idea I put together for my cousin's upcoming wedding.  Jackie is getting married on July 31st and I am lucky enough to be one of her bridesmaids.  I have been halfway across the world, so right now I am not totally sure what is in store for rehearsal dinner plans, but I am sure there will be something to get dressed up for on  the night before the wedding. 

Below is an outfit I am considering for the rehearsal dinner - I love the soft color and texture of the gray/purple dress... especially when paired it with neutrals, because it helps the soft color pop.  The shoe is just sexy enough to offset the bagginess of the dress and the awesome Lauren Merkin clutch is a neutral staple that could carry you through many outfits (definitely an investment piece).  The anthropologie necklace is sparkly, but still dainty enough to not clash with the ethereal nature of the dress.  I would choose a neutral nail polish to blend into the background, and a really pretty shimmery shade of eyeshadow to (hopefully) play up the tan I will have by then.  What are you planning on wearing to your summer weddings?
Summer Wedding

Marlie racerback dress in orchid shadow
$128 - jcrew.com


Classiques Entier® 'Trellis' Sandal
$100 - nordstrom.com

Tousled Web Necklace
$58 - anthropologie.com

Urban Decay - Stardust Eyeshadow
urbandecay.com



Maybelline Nail Polish, Blushing Bride
ulta.com



Cream Glitter Python Embossed Eve
$180 - laurenmerkin.com


No comments:

Post a Comment