Thursday, January 5, 2012

1.5.2012

Today, I really feel the need to thank the blogging community for continually inspiring me.  I read many, many style blogs (thanks to my lengthy Google Reader feed and Pinterest) and lately I've been using the inspiration to put some intense focus on my personal style. I've always enjoyed styling others, which is why I started my blog and my styling business, but sometimes my own style takes the back seat.  I've finally pushed myself to buy some foundation pieces, but I'm also looking out for some inexpensive and fun pieces to complement the basics.

That's where something like this Polka Dot skirt (Forever 21, $25) comes in.  No, the skirt probably won't last longer than one season, but I don't need it to for a cost of $25.  It's super on-trend now (who isn't loving polka dots right now?) and it's in a gorgeous dark teal, perfect for pairing with supple leather and brown tones.


.........and if you like nothing else about this outfit, you must admit that the purple earrings really rock.  Yep, I just went there.

one / two / three / four / five / six / seven

11 comments:

  1. All of these are perfect for the winter weather. Great pieces!!

    Tiffany
    http://shoeschampagne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That burnt orange jacket with the fur trim is amazing! Love your blog, now following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany - thanks for stopping by! You're right, they are such great winter pieces - especially the cable knit tights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley - The jacket is so great and it's a pretty great bargain, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the combo, i want the burnt orange with fur!

    xo Nav
    http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color pallete of all of these pieces that you chose!

    xo Jennifer

    http:/seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that skirt...and that clutch, too. Heck, I'll take it all. Ha! Great post. :)

    www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh cute picks! i love the skirt! and i just got boots like that!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete