Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bridal Shower

It seems like every other week, someone I know is either getting married or getting engaged (one of my dearest friends, Erin, was proposed to last week)!  It's so exciting to see them starting a new chapter in their lives, and with this new chapter comes many special events that require equally special outfits.  One particularly important event in a bride-to-be's life is her bridal shower.  Call me old fashioned, but I've always loved when the bride wears a chic ivory or white dress to her shower - nothing too fancy, but still gives her guests a glimpse of how stunning she will be in a few short months when she is in The Dress.

I've kept this look simple, because brides tend to have "the glow" and we certainly do not want to distract from that! The stunning necklace is a perfect complement to the ivory scallop-trimmed dress.  Simple strapped gold heels, nude earrings, and pale pink polish round out this stunning and elegant bride-to-be look.

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with this dress. I think I am going to have to find a way to make myself one. The scalloped edge is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete