Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thirfty Thursday delayed - NYE

Hi guys!  Sorry for the lack of posts last week - it was a crazy week.  I found out that I will be moving to Prague, Czech Republic in about 6 weeks for work!  Wow!  So since I found that out, I've been working on a ton of details and doing lots of research - couple that with lots of last minute Christmas shopping and it created a busy week.  The point here is, I have a Thrifty Thursday post... only it's Sunday, but who cares!  I had a request for a new years eve outfit - and I know some of us need to be thrifty after Christmas shopping, so here is a relatively budget friendly but totally glam NYE outfit.  I will probably do another NYE post this week that won't be as thrifty, but will give you another idea if today's doesn't mesh with your personal style.  You work on finalizing those NYE plans and I'll work on finding you the perfect outfit.


NYE Thrifty Thurs 1

I am not a total sequin lover in every day life, but for NYE you have GOT to have sequins... it is seriously the only day of the year (maybe other than halloween) that you can get away with it and look glam.  I found this really nice sequin (and racerback) black tank from Wetseal.  It would look so chic tucked into this satin waisted black skirt from Forever.  I took the patent peep toe pumps and clutch from last week's Thrifty Thursday (these pieces are very versatile) and found a little rough studded bracelet from Forever to accessorize, along wth some simple black rhinestone hoops.  The bracelet is good for the outfit because it is in the same color scheme but it's a total diferent style from the pretty jacket - so it blends in, but still creates interest in the outfit.  Now onto the jacket - isn't it so pretty?  I found this at Forever21 also, and thought it would be perfect for the cold weather.  I would take it off as soon as I made my entrance so you can show off that sequined top.  Since there is so much pizzazz to the outfit, I would keep a natural lip and then do a smokey eye to complement the dark colors in the outfit.

Items in this set:
Sequin Racer Tank , Wet Seal, $21
Luxurious Shag Jacket, Forever21.com, $32.80
Satin Contrast Skirt, Forever21.com, $17.80
Women's Mossimo® Vida Peep-Toe Pumps - Black Patent : Target, $19.99
Payless ShoeSource - Accessories - Minicci - Callie Clutch, payless.com, $14.99
Glam Rock Studded Bangle, Forever21.com, $7.80
Rhinestone Trim Hoops, Forever21.com, $5.80

No comments:

Post a Comment