Monday, January 11, 2010

Simple Black Dress

My friend contacted me over the weekend needing help with a wedding outfit for the end of February in Charleston, SC.  She has a simple black halter dress from J. Crew, and wanted an interesting heel and accessories to add some pizzazz to the outfit.  She also wanted the shoes to be more wearable than a evening sandal, something she could wear again.  I put together 6 options for her , trying to keep the cost reasonable.  Below you can see the options I put together for her.  Try to guess which one she liked best - and tell me which ones are your favorites!  These are great examples of how to keep a simple black dress interesting over the years and many events you will wear it for.

Items in this set (from left to right, top to bottom)
Tops/Wraps:
Jewel Trim Tweed Jacket, $35, Forever21.com
Pashmina Shawl, $9.99 - shoestation.com (both black and silver are from Shoe Station)
Slinker Scarf , $15, Aldoshoes.com
Cotton cady Madeleine dress - J.Crew, $195
Shoes:
Panout Heel in Brown/Brown Suede, $79, Ninewest.com
Hambert Heel in Yellow Python, $49.99, Ninewest.com
Fawson Heel in Taupe, $90, Aldoshoes.com
Trinitie Heel in Midnight blue, $57, Stevemadden.com
Yessa Heel in Black Leather, $130, Ninewest.com
Flawwles Heel in Plum Suede, $99, Piperlime.gap.com
Accessories:
Frylay Bracelet, $10, Aldoshoes.com
Pretzel Twist Bracelet in black, $5.80, Forever21.com
Woolhiser Bracelet in gold, $18, Aldoshoes.com
Broad Square Ring in black, $5.80, Forever21.com
Surace Headband, $12, Aldoshoes.com
Broad Square Ring in red,  $5.80, Forever21.com
Pretzel Knotted Bracelet in silver, $6.80, Forever21.com
Tear Looped Bracelet, $14.80, Forever21.com

2 comments:

  1. The yellow python shoes jumped out at me right away, but I think my favorite is the purple heel because of the hotness of it. I love that scarf you paired with the taupe shoe, so I'm just going to guess she chose that set. All are beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love option #3 with the Nude pumps and the gorgeous gold bracelet. That's my pick, and I hope your friend's too!

    ReplyDelete