Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow Bunny

Hi guys! Happy 2010 to all - hope everyone had a wonderful new year's eve celebration complete with the cutest outfit that made all the other girls in the room jealous!  I spent the night in eating pizza, watching football, and falling asleep on the couch with the BF before midnight - that's what a nasty cold will do to you, but I had a great evening anyway. 

Today I was looking for some inspiration for a new post, when my friend Brittany offered up the idea for a look fit for a weekend at the ski slopes.  I am certainly not a skiier, so if I were to head up into the mountains for a weekend, I'd be hangin' at the lodge with a warm cup of hot chocolate on a comfy leather couch.  That being said, I created the outfit perfect for the snowbunny spending her weekend in the lodge.  I found some warmer pieces, but also worked with layers in case you're spending time by the fire and need to cool off.  I paired thick (this is key) brown leggings with a cream colored tunic and a knit vest - the picture doesn't show the detail very well, but the vest has a beatiful woven pattern down the front on each side.  I say thick is key because although the tunic and vest cover your behind parts, some legs just weren't made for leggings, and the thicker they are, the better the coverage - this is better for everyone.  All together, these neutral pieces create the perfect backdrop for the beautiful accessories.

The preppy red, navy, and army green scarf was $60 at Abercrombie but is now selling for $19, what a steal!  I paired this with a simple navy knit beret from Forever to add another layer of color to the outfit.  The sunglasses are perfectly simple/chic if you decide to head out of the lodge.  The wrap watch is very unique, I've never seen anything like it, but I Loooove it.  Lastly, I am usually not an Uggs fan, but this crocheted pair won me over because I think it is just the perfect last addition that tops off the outfit.

Snow Bunny
Items in this set:
Truly Madly Deeply French Terry Scoop Neck Tunic, $38, Urbanoutfitters.com
UGG Classic Argyle Knit Womens Boots, $140, tillys.com
Classic Plaid Blanket Scarves, $19, Abercrombie.com
Double Wrap Gold Link Watch, $38, Urbanoutfitters.com
Fab Crochet Beret, $5.50, Forever21.com
Bundle Up Leggings, $11.80, Forever21.com
Kyle Handknit Sweater, $79, Abercrombie.com
Morgan Sunglasses, $78, Bananarepublic.com

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I finally read through it since I have free time, and I added you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete