Monday, February 28, 2011

Relaxed + Cool

Although I really like dressing up, wearing super high heels, and looking fierce, sometimes you've just got things to do and those 4 inch heels aren't appropriate.  Realistically, my life is currently made up of more situations where sneakers are appropriate than heels, so I've been on the hunt for a pair of shoes that I can wear with jeans but still look like I've got some style.... Cue the ultra-white Chuck Taylors.  I already have a pair of these in brown, but the brown is seriously blah and the shoes have since been relegated to the backseat of my car or on my feet in the gym only for heavy lifting days.  I'm definitely eyeing these babies below because they look very "american girl" and are equal parts relaxed and classic.
Weekend #1




I'd love to pair some cuffed jeans with a simple grey tee and a killer {faux} leather jacket for the times when I am running around trying to get everything checked off of my lists.  Make sure to add some interest to the outfit with a patterned scarf and bag - don't want to run the risk of looking too plain!  See, you can still be stylish even if you are comfortable!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're not surprised, but I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kel. I can definitely picture you in this! Cute mom-on-the-go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure I wear a scarf at least every other day! LOVE how it dresses up an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that fossil bag is so cute - love the little key attached to it!

    ReplyDelete